I Told Him To Surrender The Ticket To Me Because I’m His Elder Brother And Things Went Wrong–Kente

According to a report by The Sun on Sunday, May 17, 2026, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Taraba State, Chief David Sabo Kente, has alleged that the House of Representatives primary election scheduled for Saturday in the state did not take place as expected.…....

He stated that the exercise could not hold because electoral materials were only distributed late the previous night, a situation he said contradicts circulating video clips suggesting that the election was conducted.

Kente made this known on Sunday in Jalingo while speaking with journalists, he addressed concerns surrounding the conduct of the primary, noting that the development being reported in some quarters did not reflect what actually happened on the ground.

He maintained that the process was disrupted due to the late movement of election materials.

He further explained that he received a phone call from officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) around 5am on Sunday morning.

According to him, the call informed him that the distribution of election materials was to begin at Fastrack Hotel.

He added that this information came at a time when video clips allegedly showing the conduct of the election were already circulating widely.

Kente also addressed claims suggesting that there had been any form of inducement involving him.

He clarified that he was not aware of any attempt by the government to influence or persuade him in any direction, stressing that such claims were not within his knowledge based on his experience of the situation.

He went on to speak about discussions he had with another party stakeholder, explaining that several issues were reviewed during their engagement.

He stated that there was no agreement involving his withdrawal in favour of another individual.

He also noted that he reminded the other party of previous developments that led to the current situation and made a request regarding the party ticket.

According to him, both sides agreed to continue consultations on the way forward regarding the process.

He added that his decision to contest was not solely his personal choice, indicating that he needed to report back to his supporters and consider their input before making further moves.

He also stated that a majority of those he had consulted expressed support for continuing in the race.