A businessman, Abibu Yakubu, has approached an Upper Area Court in Karu, Abuja, seeking an order to compel his ex-wife, Shuwadatu Mohammed, to vacate his residence five years after their divorce.
Yakubu, in a petition filed on October 13, 2025, also asked the court to grant him custody of their four children.
The petitioner told the court that despite the dissolution of their marriage about five years ago, Mohammed had allegedly refused to leave his house, with both parties still residing at the same address in Orange Market area of Mararaba, Karu Local Government Area.
He further alleged that his ex-wife had been disrespectful to him and his family, accusing her of frequently engaging in verbal abuse.
Yakubu said the marriage produced four children aged 22, 19, and a set of six-year-old twins, adding that the situation had created tension in the household.
He also claimed that Mohammed had threatened to remain in the house until she harmed him, a situation he said had left him living in fear and unable to sleep peacefully.
The petitioner urged the court to hold the respondent responsible should any harm befall him, while also seeking a formal revalidation of the divorce and full custody of the children.
After listening to the submission, the presiding judge, Mohammed Yakubu, adjourned the case until June 3, 2026, for further hearing.
FOLLOW US
FOR MORE HERE
