‘Sea of Oman becomes your graveyard’: Iran’s chilling warning to US as Pakistan delivers new West Asia peace proposal

A top Iranian official on Monday warned the United States to lift the blockade of Iranian ports and reportedly said Tehran’s military is ready for further confrontation as the Islamic Republic submitted a revised proposal to Pakistan to end the conflict in West Asia.

Speaking on state television, Mohsen Rezaei, a member of Tehran’s Expediency Council and former IRGC commander warned that Washington should lift the Iranian ports blockade and called it an “act of war” and added that confronting the blockade was Tehran’s right, Al Jazeera reported.

The Threat of Escalation at Sea

“We advise the US military to end the siege before the Sea of Oman becomes your graveyard,” Rezaei said. The former IRGC commander added, “The longer they prolong the naval blockade of Iran, the greater the damage to countries around the world will be.”

Tehran has said that it will not bow to pressure tactics of the United States as the blockade of Iranian ports by Washington began on April 13 and President Donald Trump has said the restrictions will remain until Iran agrees to a peace deal on his conditions.

Diplomacy and Military Readiness

Rezaei, while commenting on negotiations to end the conflict, said the US needed to “show in practice that it is trustworthy”.

“It is America that must prove itself now. Our armed forces have their finger on the trigger, and, at the same time, diplomacy continues,” the former IRGC commander added.

Revised Iranian proposal to end war submitted

Pakistan has shared the revised proposal from Iran to end the conflict in West Asia to the United States as peace talks between the two countries remain stalled, Reuters reported quoting a Pakistani source.

Story continues below this ad

Confirming the development, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson ​Esmaeil Baghaei said that Tehran’s views had been “conveyed to the ⁠American side through mediator Pakistan”.

Trump, last week had said, that the ceasefire with Iran which was reached in April was “on life support”.