Nollywood actress Eniola Ajao is celebrating a proud milestone as her son, Mide, successfully completes his National Youth Service.
The actress shared lovely photos of him posing with his certificate and gave thanks to God for the achievement, describing it as a special moment for her as a mother.
Congratulating her son on reaching the new milestone, Eniola stated that one phase has ended while a greater chapter is about to begin, as she wished him success in the future.
“Corper wiiiiii!!!@midetheegreat
Grateful to God for the end of this phase! From University to NYSC, and now NYSC is finally done and dusted! Congratulations, my son! This phase is over. Cheers to a new and better phase! This is such a proud mum moment.
All Glory and Adoration to the most High God. Hallelujah.
My Movie ADUNNI drops 4pm tomorrow, Friday, 22nd of MAY on ENIOLA AJAO TV on YouTube. Kindly make it a date to watch this beautiful story, my lovers. You will absolutely love it”.
See post below:
In other news… A Nigerian police officer, Newton Isokpehi, has issued a public apology following a viral video in which he was seen threatening to shoot anyone who attempted to record him while on duty.
The incident sparked widespread outrage on social media after the footage circulated online, prompting strong reactions from Nigerians and human rights advocates. In a new video shared on TikTok on Thursday, Isokpehi said his earlier comments were made out of anger and were not meant to be taken literally.
He also reached out directly to rights activist Harrison Gwamnishu, who initially shared the clip, pleading for forgiveness over the matter.
“Please forgive me. If I offended you as a brother, forgive me. That statement was just out of annoyance because of the things that are happening. These things are painful,” he said.
In his defence, the officer stated that he does not oppose citizens recording police officers in public spaces, but argued that some individuals overstep boundaries when filming officers on duty.
“Actually, you can video us. You are allowed to video a policeman. But it’s not right for just anybody to come from anywhere and start videoing officers on duty. They have taken it too far,” he said.
Isokpehi also disclosed that he is from Edo State and grew up in a police barracks in Kaduna, adding that he has served in the Mobile Police unit for over 12 years.
“Anywhere people ask about me, people will testify to my character. I have worked in the Mobile Police for 12 years. I have worked for my fatherland with all my heart,” he said.
During the video, he also displayed scars and claimed to show bullet wounds he sustained during operational duties.
“Look at my body, these are all bullets. These are all gunshot wounds. See my chest, bullet has eaten into it. Out of 17 of us, only two survived that operation,” he said.
He further explained that his earlier statement was made in frustration, insisting he did not intend to harm or threaten members of the public.
“How can I be saying I will kill my own people? We don’t do that. I spoke out of annoyance. That one was just verbal talk,” he added.
The officer appealed to Nigerians to judge him based on his overall conduct rather than the viral clip, noting that the online backlash had been overwhelming.
“Harrison, forgive me. I beg the whole of Nigeria, please forgive me. This one has reached too far. If you want to know me, come and meet me one-on-one. You will know me personally. I will not run. I will not surrender,” he said.
He also expressed hope that the welfare and working conditions of police officers in Nigeria would improve under current leadership.
“We have decided that we will die for our fatherland. One day, things will surely get better by the grace of God. One love to the world,” he added.
The apology comes less than 24 hours after the initial video went viral on X and Instagram, where he was heard threatening to “clear everybody down,” including people recording him.

